Communications Specialist Intern
Ms. Wheelchair Kansas, Inc. annually selects an adult and youth titleholder, who are wheelchair mobile, that successfully advocate, educate, and empower all people on a state level.
• Assist with program marketing, communications and public relations efforts for the organization, the annual event in March, and any fundraisers (including graphic design, reaching out to media outlets, etc.).
• Assist with maintaining, improving and posting on social media platforms for the organization.
• Assist with multiple projects related to the annual Ms. Wheelchair Kansas event, including event planning and organization, photo/video highlights and promotion, etc.
• Attend annual event and assist with various duties as directed by the CEO.
• Cultivate marketing outreach opportunities.
• Research and compile potential vendors (organizations, schools, companies, etc.) to expand distribution and mailing lists.
• Assist with recruitment of contestants and volunteers.
• Assist with mailings throughout the year.
• Plan and facilitate a fundraiser for the organization.
• Help solicit in-kind donations for fundraiser silent and live auction.
• Research potential funding opportunities.
• Ensure full accessibility of all materials produced.
• Data entry and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Commit to 10 to 12 hours per week, completing tasks for the organization. Unless specifically requested by the CEO, hours are flexible throughout the week.
• Attend Ms. Wheelchair Kansas weekend event in March 2024 in Lawrence; must attend entire event Friday-Sunday.
• Must maintain weekly contact with the Ms. Wheelchair Kansas CEO.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, as well as graphic design/desktop publishing software.
Available for class credit
Submit resume to Carrie Greenwood, president and chief executive officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org