Student Health Services
After completing the registration form, please be sure that the following forms are complete and submitted to the Jayhawk Media Workshop either by mailing to the workshop office or bringing to workshop check-in. University of Kansas Student Health Services requires one item to be on file in our campus offices.
You can return this in a variety of ways:
- By mail: Jayhawk Media Workshop, 1000 Sunnyside Ave, Lawrence, KS 66045
- Sign, scan and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring to check in: If you don’t send the documents another way, be sure to bring them to check-in at our residence hall
Where to Arrive
JMW students should arrive at registration on Sunday, June 9th at our residence hall. Please see the workshop welcome packet (sent a few weeks before camp) for address information.
What to Bring
Clothing: Casual clothing that would be appropriate for school is appropriate at camp. Use your best judgment; T-shirts are OK, tube tops are not. Shorts are allowed in the classrooms. Students may want to bring a sweater or light jacket because the classrooms can be quite cool. Bare feet will not be allowed in classrooms or the dining hall.
Shoes: The walk from our residence hall to Stauffer-Flint Hall is hilly and a bit less than a mile. A good pair of walking shoes is essential.
Bedding: Although Kansas summer nights are typically hot and humid, you may wish to bring a blanket if you get chilly sleeping in air conditioning. You will also need to bring with you a pillow, pillowcase, sheets and towels. The residence hall will provide no linens.
Toiletries: The dorms are not a hotel. Hand soap is provided in the restrooms, but be sure to bring all other essentials with you. If you discover that you have forgotten something important, please let the dorm director or a counselor know.
For all classes:
- Copies of your school’s publications from the last year or two
- A notebook
- Writing utensils and a reporter’s notepad or other notebook
- Current magazines that inspire you
- A USB flash drive for saving your work
- Your staff manual (if you have one)
For some classes:
Our staff will send a detailed list of supplies you should bring, but some classes might ask you to bring:
- An Associated Press Stylebook, login credentials to the online Style Book and a dictionary may come in handy.
- A laptop computer
- Access to the design software your school uses (perhaps Adobe Creative Cloud or the password and username for your yearbook company’s online design software)
- The camp will provide WiFi access throughout the workshop week
- For the photography classes: A digital camera, hopefully, a camera with detachable lenses and exposure controls
What Not to Bring
Jayhawk Media Workshop students should bring only necessary items with them.
Please consider providing protection against loss or damage through the purchase of insurance. Some homeowners’ policies provide coverage for loss of personal property away from home.
The University of Kansas and the Jayhawk Media Workshop does not assume responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property. Our residence hall operates a lost and found. After the workshop, all lost items will be sent to the Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Ave, Lawrence, KS 66045.