J-School Career Center
Careers in Communications
Organizations around the world need skilled communicators and compelling storytellers. So whether you are interested in multimedia journalism, marketing communications, public relations or advertising, now is a perfect time for a career in the media industry.
The J-School Career Center assists students with a wide range of career development topics, from beginning an internship search to accepting a first job offer as KU graduate. We work with freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors, but we also enjoy visiting with recent graduates transitioning to a new job or career.
The Career Center hosts programs throughout the year. Our services will help you:
• compile a dynamic resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile
• find a worthwhile internship, paid or for class credit (read the J-School Internship Policy)
• prepare for interviews and career fairs
• make the most of internship opportunities and networking
• arrange interviews with on-campus recruiter
• connect with the J-School alumni network and find a mentor
• develop a professional online presence
• identify a job that’s well suited for you
The center is connected with organizations nationwide and dedicated alumni who are ready to hire J-School graduates and students. Whether you are looking for a part-time job, internship or full-time employment after graduation, the J-School Career Center wants to help you succeed. Stop by so we can develop a plan to meet your career goals.