Facility and Sales Events Intern
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts' vision is to enrich the lives of everyone in the community through extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences.
Facility Sales and Events Intern
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an enthusiastic, qualified individual to join the events and catering team for an internship. This individual will learn to manage events of all sizes amid a busy production schedule. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of event sales, planning, catering and hospitality.
Internships are 10-12 hours per week with the potential for select evening or weekend events. Dates may be flexible to accommodate school schedules; please indicate availability in a cover letter.
• Summer internships are mid/late May through mid/late August
• Fall internships are early September through early December
• Spring internships are early February through early May
The right candidate
• Is flexible, dependable, detail-oriented and self-starting
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects
• Has strong written and verbal communication skills with confidence in interpersonal interaction
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, database management and social media
Preference is given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
• Is enrolled in or has completed degree in communications, hospitality or venue management
• Has previous work experience in the fields of sales, hospitality, events or catering
• Collaborate with the senior director of sales, event operations manager and event coordinator as well as entire facility team on special events
• Assist in responding to event inquires
• Communicate via email and phone to answer questions from potential and current clients
• Help to plan, organize and execute events
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Intern should be a local student who is available to work at the Kauffman Center. Flexibility for select evening and weekend events is expected.
Up to a $1,500 stipend will be provided. Course credit available.
Please email a 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter to: Sarah Milosevich at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 10, 2023. No phone calls. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. In your cover letter, be sure to include why you want this position, relevant experience, computer skills and at least one professional reference. References will be checked, and interviews will be conducted.