Marketing and Community Engagement Intern
Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts' vision to enrich the lives of everyone in the community through extraordinary and diverse performing arts experience. The Kauffman Center's marketing team seeks an enthusiastic individual who is looking for hands-on marketing experience in a fast-moving environment. The ideal intern candidate should be comfortable with copy writing, proofreading, graphic design, project management and content creation.
Internships are 10-12 hours per week with the potential for select evening or weekend events. Dates may be flexible to accommodate school schedules; please indicate availability in a cover letter.
• Summer internships are mid/late May through mid/late August
• Fall internships are early September through early December
• Spring internships are early February through early May
The right candidate
• Is flexible, dependable, detail-oriented and self-starting
• Has strong written and verbal communication skills with confidence in proofreading abilities
• Has previous experience with graphic design and multimedia production (photo and video)
• Has experience with data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, email and social media platforms
Preference may be given to candidates who meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Is enrolled in or has very recently completed a college degree in journalism, communications, marketing or arts administration
• Has previous work experience in the fields of public relations, marketing, digital media, community outreach or similar
• Has experience producing mass email communications using software such as WordFly, Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar
• Has experience editing WordPress websites or blogs
• Has experience coordinating community events and programs
• Assist with program marketing, communications and PR efforts for any upcoming Kauffman Center Presents performance and other community programs and events, including Future Stages Festival
• Assist with multiple projects related to Future Stages Festival, including grassroots marketing coordination, highlighting community partners on social media, event planning and organization, photo/video highlights and promotion, etc.
• Assist with writing press releases, blog posts, articles and other promotional copy for upcoming events
• Maintain and contribute to photo and video archive
• Compile press clippings and archive existing materials
• Create email marketing templates, deploy email performance reminders and maintain subscriber lists
• Manage and update online calendar listings
• Cultivate marketing outreach opportunities
• Filing, data entry and other administrative duties as assigned
Intern should be a local student who is available to work at the Kauffman Center. Flexibility for select evening and weekend events is expected.
Up to a $1,500 stipend will be provided. Course credit available.
Please email a 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter to: Sarah Milosevich at email@example.com by Monday, April 10, 2023. No phone calls. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. In your cover letter, be sure to include why you want the position, relevant experience, computer skills and at least one professional reference. References will be checked, and interviews will be conducted.