About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is the #1 news leader based in Wichita, Kansas. We have a dedicated team of anchors, reporters, photojournalists, producers, and production staff who enjoy telling the stories of our community.
KWCH also owns and operates the market’s CW affiliate KSCW. We offer excellent benefits, dental, vision, 401(k) and of course a competitive salary as well as great fringe benefits. We are a company that is dedicated to producing quality news in Wichita and western Kansas. KWCH is part of Gray Media Group which currently owns and operates stations across the United States.
We are looking for a dynamic storyteller who can creatively and concisely gather and give viewers factual information. You must be interested and dedicated to local news and have a passion for informing people - whether it's through broadcast or digital. You will be surrounded by a team who want to see you succeed and will help you reach your full potential.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Generate, gather, and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely, and creative way
• Use writing skills for on-air and online
• Write and post digital-original stories prior to airing of the television version
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
• Develop and maintain sources
• Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required, play an active role in the editorial process
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools, and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Various shift work will be required; holiday work is required
• Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Job requires travel for stories - coverage area is large
• Be able to write clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Prior experience desired, but not required
• Ability to anchor a plus
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Compelling storyteller
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Able to play an active role in the editorial process
• Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references.