Here's your chance to lead a newsroom in one of the greatest cities in the country. KCTV5 in Kansas City is looking for an exceptional news director — a news director driven by both content and kindness. A leader who is collaborative and engaging, anxious to make a difference in the community and in the newsroom. You will join an incredible team of journalists who love this station and love this community. The energy is infectious, and the opportunities are endless in Kansas City. You have major events to cover from the NFL draft, Super Bowls, March Madness and the World Cup — just to name a few. Plus, this will be the most enjoyable place you will ever live. Because if you know KC, you know what we mean.
KCTV5's news director is both a supervisor and a coach responsible for helping the news team deliver trusted, impactful content to the communities we serve.
Duties/responsibilities include, but not limited to, you must be:
• Willing to teach and inspire
• Anxious to lead by example
• A proven leader successful in the art of managing people and content across multiple platforms
• A passionate storyteller with an unwavering commitment to journalistic ethics and standards
• Committed to workplace integrity, encouragement and professional growth for those around you
• Dedicated to meaningful community service through trusted local journalism and station initiatives
Closing date: May 17, 2023
• The news director is a department head position, and part of KCTV's executive team, reporting directly to the station VP/general manager. Experience working with departmental budgets is a plus.
• Qualified applicants should have a journalism or communications degree from an accredited four-year college, university or equivalent experience and a minimum of five years in news management experience as well as a thorough understanding of journalism in this digital age.