Ph.D. program to hose virtual open house on Oct. 27
The William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Kansas will be holding a virtual open house for our Ph.D. program in Journalism and Mass Communications on Oct. 27 (2-3 p.m. U.S. Central Time). To attend the virtual open house, please register in advance.
We are currently accepting applications to our Ph.D. program and look forward to welcoming new students into our collaborative research and teaching community. Our faculty work closely with graduate students on research projects in areas including health communication, emerging technologies, environmental communication, multimedia journalism, and strategic communication. The University of Kansas is in Lawrence, a vibrant and culturally-rich college town located 45 minutes from the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Our School’s three-year Ph.D. funding package provides:
- Funding through teaching and/or research assistantships, providing a minimum nine-month annual salary of $22,650, tuition remission, and health benefits
- Up to $1,000 per year in travel funding
- $1,000 incoming student award
- $1,000 dissertation research fund
- Research and teaching assistantship opportunities during summer months
- Additional scholarship and internal grant opportunities.
Join us for the virtual open house on Oct. 27 (2-3 p.m. CT) to hear from faculty and graduate students in our School. If you have any questions, please contact Graduate Program Coordinator Jammie Johnson (email@example.com).